The Challenge of Recovering Data From Memory Sticks and Flash Memory Cards
Data recovery from memory sticks and flash memory cards is not as easy as adverts for data recovery software on the internet will lead you believe. It is particularly difficult if the controller chip has failed or one of the NAND chips is no longer responding.
Data Recovery from memory cards and memory sticks is particularly challenging in the sense that we have to take the memory chips off the circuit board and create memory dumps for each NAND chip by using a chip reader. As the high capacity memory cards or memory sticks have more than one NAND chip soldered onto the their circuit boards, the data recovery can be more complex. This is because they use several chips to make up a certain size. For example a 16GB memory stick comprises of 4x4GB NAND chips configured as RAID0. When the dump from each chip is saved onto a binary file, then a memory stick data recovery specialist will put together these memory dumps together and create a contiguous virtual disk space. Data recovery is then completed using this newly-created disk image.
Memory Stick Recovery AKA as Data Recovery Lab is a leading data recovery in the UK. We have provided data recovery solutions for private and business customers in the UK since 2001 and have done many successful data recovery jobs involving diferent types memory cards and memory sticks.
We can successfully recover lost data or photos from memory cards or damaged, unreadable or defective memory sticks.
Supported Storage Devices:
- Secure Digital card, SD card, SDHC, miniSD, MicroSD (TransFlash) card recovery
- Compact Flash CF card recovery, card, CF Type I, Type II, MicroDrive,
- Memory Stick Pro, Memory Stick, Duo, Pro-HG, XC, Micro(M2) recovery
- SmartMedia, flash card recovery
- MultiMedia card, MMC card recovery
- Mobile phone memory card and digital media recovery
- xD Picture card recovery
- MicroSD or MicroSDHC card used by Android smart phone
Our data recovery specialists can recover all file types and data formats including:
- Common Picture Formats: JPG JPEG TIF
- Common Video Formats: AVI MPG MOV MPEG ASF MP4 3GP MTS
- Common Audio Formats: WAV MP3 AMR
- RAW Image Formats: Nikon NEF, Canon CRW and CR2, Kodak DCR, Konica Minolta MRW, Fuji RAF, Sigma X3F, Sony SRF, Samsung DNG, Pentax PEF, Olympus ORF, Leica DNG and Panasonic RAW
Data recovery from all camera brands including:
Nikon, HP, Agfa, NEC, Imation, Sanyo, Epson, IBM, Goldstar, LG, SHARP, Lexar, Mitsubishi, Kyocera, Canon, Kodak, FujiFilm, Casio, Olympus, Sony, SamSung, Panasonic, Fuji, Konica-Minolta, JVC, Leica, Phillips, Toshiba, SanDisk, Chinon, Ricoh, Hitachi, Pentax, Kinon, Verbatim, Vivitar, Polaroid, Sigma, Yashica, Argus, Lumix.
We can recover data from all the following flash memory card manufacturers:
SanDisk, Lexar, PNY, PQI, Toshiba, Kingston, KingMax, Sony, Panasonic, FujiFilm, Samsung, Canon, Qmemory, Transcend, Apacer, OCZ Flash Media, PRETEC, HITACHI, Olympus, SimpleTech, Viking, ATP, Delkin Devices and A-Data